China Takes More Than Half of The Global PCB Market Share. T

 NEWS     |      2019-05-15 10:39

China Takes More Than Half of The Global PCB Market Share. The Mainland is Keep Rising



Printed circuit board (PCB) products have been in commercial use since 1948 and have been invented and widely used since the 1950s. The traditional PCB industry is a labor-intensive industry with a lower technology density than the semiconductor industry. Since the beginning of the 21st century, it has gradually moved from the US and Japan to the semiconductor industry in China and Japan. Since its inception, China has become an influential PCB producer in the world, with PCB production accounting for more than 50% of the world.



 

In 2018, the global output value of printed circuit boards (PCB) reached US$63.6 billion. According to the data of the Institute of Obstetrics and Gynecology of the Industrial Engineering Research Institute, although Taiwan still won the global market share of 31.3% in 2018, the proportion of mainland China also reached 23%. And the market share and growth rate have risen steadily, gradually pushing into Taiwan's leading position. The two together accounted for 54.3% of the global PCB production value, and sit firmly on the NO1 throne.

 

PCB products are the basic electronic components, and their industries are mostly built around the downstream industries. At present, there are about 1,500 PCB companies in mainland China, mainly distributed in the electronics industry such as the Pearl River Delta, the Yangtze River Delta and the Bohai Rim, where the demand for basic components is large and there are good transportation conditions as well as water and electricity conditions. Among them, the two provinces of Guangdong and Jiangsu have a high degree of aggregation. In 2017, the sales revenue of Guangdong PCB industry accounted for 46.26% of the industry, and Jiangsu reached 34.77%. The total proportion of the two reached 81%, and the regional concentration was high.